Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cut-out diameter for 416-8c

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cut-out diameter for 416-8c

    I have a pair of 416-8c drivers that are being re-coned with GPA kits and I am now requesting cab builders to submit price quotes for Model 19 boxes. I believe these drivers are 16" frames that can be mounted on the outside or inside of the baffle.

    Anyway, according to the Model 19 blue print plans I downloaded here, the Model 19 woofers are mounted on the outside of the baffle and the cutout hole on the blue print plan I have given to the cab makers for price quotes is 14 1/8 inch.

    Is the plan cutout of 14 1/8" correct for mounting my 416-8cs to the outside of the baffle?

    Thx.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cut-out diameter for 416-8c

    If they are larger frame, it would appear that you want the 'c' dimension from:
    http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/vint...LF_Speaker.pdf

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    Cut-out diameter for 416-8c


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Cut-out diameter for 416-8c

    Yes 14 1/8" opening

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.